About the Office
- The Scott County Extension Office is located at 210 W. 4th St. Suite #1, where we share the building with the Scott Community Foundation.
- Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
- We have a great selection of educational publications on our shelves. We welcome you to stop by and visit us.
About Scott County
- Scott County was created by an act of legislature in 1873, and named in honor of General Winfield Scott. The county has an area of 720 square miles and 460,800 acres, with an elevation of 3,000 feet.
- Scott City is the county seat and chief town in the county. It was founded in September, 1885, by the Scott City Town Company. They changed the name from Scott Center to Scott City at this time.
- There was never any county seat fight in Scott county, as Scott City was located in the geographical center of the county and from the very first held the key to the situation. The spirit of clique, discord and division that ruined many Western Kansas towns, never entered Scott County.